Coconut oil is an edible oil that is extracted from the meat of mature coconuts. It has high amount of saturated fat content. It oxidizes quite slowly and is resistant to rancidification. One can store coconut oil for upto 6 months without it getting spoilt. Coconut oil can be called a superfood because of the immense goodness and health benefits. Buy Coconut Oil online in Chennai and reap its various benefits.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- People who eat coconut on a regular basis are very healthy.
- Coconut oil helps to increase fat burning.
- It can kill harmful microorganisms in the body.
- It can help to reduce your hunger.
- Coconut oil is beneficial for skin, hair and dental health.
- It is used as a nourishing oil for hair since ancient times.
- Coconut oil helps to give the brain a boost and improves concentration and focus.
- It strengthens the immune system of the body.
- It is also used as a nourishing agent for the skin.
- It contains fatty acids with medicinal properties. These fatty acids help to raise the HDL cholesterol in the blood, thereby reducing heart disease.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil are not long-chained triglycerides, but have medium-chains. When they reach the liver, these fatty acids are quickly converted into ketones, which in turn, help in brain health.
Nutritive Value of Coconut Oil – Per 100 Gm
Total calories – 862 kcal
Total fat – 100 gm
Saturated fat – 87 gm
Monounsaturated fat – 6 gm