Sesame oil or Gingelly oil is derived from sesame seeds. This vegetable oil is one of the healthiest oils. The sesame seeds are yellowish in color and are native to Africa but they are now also grown in India. This oil has a nutty flavor and aroma. It is loaded with vitamin E and K and other beneficial elements which make it very healthy.
Benefits of Gingelly Oil
- Regular Sesame oil has been used to improve hair health.
- It can help in retaining the hair color and also in minimizing hair loss.
- Adding sesame oil to the diet can help in reducing blood plasma glucose levels thereby reducing diabetes.
- It is rich in zinc and helps to improve skin elasticity and oxidative stress.
- It is high in fatty acids which are good for the heart and therefore, regular consumption can improve your heart health
- It also boosts blood circulation and helps in increasing metabolism
- It improves bone health too
- It speeds up the healing of bones
- It relieves anxiety
- It prevents cancer
Nutritional Value per 100 gm
Energy – 884 kcal
Total lipid fat – 100 gm
Vitamin E – 1.4 mg
Vitamin K – 13.6
Fatty acids, saturated – 14.2 gm
Fatty acids, total monosaturated – 39.7 gm
Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated – 41.7 gm
In cold pressed oils, the oil is extracted using traditional methods in which the oil is not heated.
We prepare the oil keeping the highest safety and purity standards. Chekku gingelly oil is very nutritious and healthier than the regular variety of gingelly oil because it is cold pressed.